Saturday 5 September 2015

THE BEST Black Bean Burgers!

These are hands down the best bean burgers ever! The recipe is from The Eat Clean Diet Recharged.

 
Paradise  Island Bean Burgers

Ingredients


1 cup black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 clove garlic chopped
2 Tbs leeks whites only, chopped (I usually just use onions.)
2 Tbs pumpkin (canned) or sweet potato mashed (I've only ever used sweet potatoes.)
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbs EVOO

4 Toasted thins, whole grain buns, wraps etc. Anything you like :)
Toppings of your choice. 

* TIP: I use spinach instead of lettuce, just for a little extra oomph in the health department! I don't notice the difference, so why not?! It's all about the smart little changes :)

Directions
* Mix all ingredients except EVOO and buns in a large bowl. Coat clean hands with olive oil to mix.
* Divide mixture into equal fourths, shape into patties.
* Heat grill pan over medium flame and coat lightly with oil.
* Add patties and cook 5 minutes per side or until patties are "golden" and crispy.
* Serve on toasted burger buns.
* Top with your favorites!

Number of Servings: 4

One time I made these and after I had started realized I didn't have the mashed sweet potatoes. I thought "Oh, it's just 2 tablespoons, I'm sure it won't make a difference." Uh yes, it makes a huge difference! Don't skip it, you've been warned! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment