Friday 25 March 2016

You don't have to LOVE something to actually do it!




I HATE waking up early! Like really despise it!
.

A while back I had got myself rolling on a great routine of getting up BEFORE Train and completing my workout. And let me tell you it felt great to have that crossed off my list for the day!
.

Slowly over time, my old habits crept back in. And it wasn't long before I wasn't even setting my alarm anymore but instead just waiting until Train was calling for me.
.

I had forgotten how fantastic it felt to have that little bit of quite time to myself in the morning and how much better my day with Train was when I was alert and prepared for him when he woke up raring to go!
.

I had let my mind totally shift back to the old thoughts that said, a little bit of extra sleep was more important than all the fantastic benefits I had been experiencing.
.

It's hard waking up early to workout and prepare for the day but it's also hard staggering into Train's room and trying to start the day with a wild toddler and not really even feeling awake until mid-morning.
.

I started asking myself, "If both are hard, why not CHOOSE the hard I prefer?!" Let's be honest here, I'm tired at 6:30am but you know what, I'm also tired at 8, 9 or 10am smile emoticon
.

So last night I gave myself a much needed kick in the booty and decided that if I'm going to be tired I'd rather be tired and accomplish something worthwhile, then be tired and just disappointed with myself for not starting my day off better!
.

SO, this morning I got up early, did my workout, checked in with my challengers and even brushed my teeth, put makeup on and did my hair all before Train was up and you know what? I FEEL ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!
.

And tomorrow I'm going to push myself to do it again! NOT because I suddenly fell in love with getting up early but because I LOVE the RESULTS of what I accomplish by getting up early!
.

The lesson's I was reminded of today;
#1 Change your thinking FIRST!
#2 CHOOSE your hard!
#3 You don't have to LOVE doing something to actually do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment